Project «MoPED – Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments which is devoted to the modernization of curricula of pedagogical universities of Ukraine through the introduction of modern teaching methods using ICT and research methods
Official site of the project – http://mopedproject.eu/ua/
Project duration: October 15, 2017 – October 14, 2020 (36 months). The project was extended until April 14, 2021
Project contact person from LTSNU project manager: MOHYLNYI HENNADII +380-66-173-3850, email@example.com
A partnership agreement has been signed between the Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University and the Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University.
Among the project participants are Ukrainian and foreign universities and a company for assessing the quality of project implementation:
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University - project coordinator (For the first time in the history of the ERASMUS + program, the coordinator is a Ukrainian university);
- Borys Hrinchenko University of Kyiv;
- Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky State Pedagogical University named after Hryhoriy Skovoroda;
- Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University;
- South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky;
- Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University;
- University of Deusto (Spain);
- Krakow Mining and Metallurgical Academy named after S. Staszyc;
- University of Cyprus;
- «Quality Ukraine».
MoPED s a project to develop the potential of higher education, aimed at modernizing universities in Ukraine. The aim is to modernize educational programs for pedagogical universities of Ukraine by including new courses based on the latest IT methods and technologies. Due to the introduction of new pedagogical methods, the project affects the quality of pedagogical higher education and strengthens the digital and didactic competencies of future school teachers.
In connection with the implementation of the Erasmus + KA2 CBHE project № 586098-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP, "MoPED - Modernization of pedagogical higher education using innovative teaching tools", which is dedicated to the modernization of curricula of pedagogical universities Ukraine through the introduction of modern teaching methods using ICT and research methods by order of the rector № 156-ZD from 30.11.2017 created a working group of the project.
In connection with the optimization of the implementation process of the Erasmus + KA2 CBHE project № 586098-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP, "MoPED" by the order of the rector № 36-ZD from 14.03.2019 made changes to the working group.
The main tasks of the project:
The MoPED project plans to develop at least 18 new disciplines (new training courses) - 3 for each university participating in the project, to include them in the curricula of universities and to accredit them at the institutional level. This will ensure:
• modernization OPP of bachelor's and master curricula in each participating University in the field of STEAM-education (science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics);
• conducting trainings for representatives of the teaching staff of Ukrainian universities participating in the project to ensure the operation and sustainable development of the developed courses and the development of new ones.
Within the project, several trainings are organized, which are conducted by foreign project partners and independently by each university, which allows 450 teachers of Ukrainian universities to undergo training.
To implement modern pedagogical teaching methods, an "Innovative Study Room" (ICR) is created in each partner university. It is a 21st century learning space based on European best practices. Six rooms are created on the basis of pre-developed concepts and implementation plans. They serve as a practical basis for learning and gaining knowledge and skills in the application of modern teaching methods and tools.
The focus is on effective cooperation between EU universities in Ukraine, between school teachers and associations that enhance internationalization, knowledge transfer and academic capacity. For this purpose, the MoPED ecosystem is being created to create an innovative professional environment to facilitate the exchange and translation of effective teacher practices
In addition, the project also focuses on:
• development of a manual on the creation of a digital teacher profile, which is based on the analysis of higher pedagogical education in the EU and Ukraine and, accordingly, fully complies with current pedagogical trends and policies of educational reform in Ukraine;
• Improving English language proficiency by teachers through the introduction of an intensive English course. As a result, a new training course in English is being developed in each Ukrainian partner university;
• gaining the knowledge and skills needed to create a profile of students' competence in new disciplines;
• Dissemination of knowledge gained from EU partners to approximately 300 primary and secondary school teachers through 12 trainings;
• maximizing the impact of MoPED on the end user through MoPED productsand the creation of the Moped ecosystem;
• presentation of project results through various dissemination channels, including international / national professional pedagogical networks (eTwinning, school education portal, Scientix), project event "Technology and Education in Ukraine" and workshops based on modern teaching methods and tools.