An important component of the project "MoPED - Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments" is:
- thorough analysis of higher pedagogical education in the EU and Ukraine and the creation of a digital teacher profile;
- conducting trainings for representatives of the teaching staff of Ukrainian universities participating in the project to ensure the operation and sustainable development of the developed courses and the development of new ones.
Within the project, several trips to foreign partners were organized to exchange experiences in organizing the educational process. On the other hand, representatives of universities from Spain, Poland and Cyprus conducted specialized field trainings for teachers of Ukrainian universities.
In 2018 Representatives of the working group of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University visited Spain, Poland and Cyprus.
March 19-23, 2018 at the University of Deusto (Bilbao, Spain), a delegation of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University took part in a MoPED training meeting.
Deusto University is one of the European participants in the project; its task is to disseminate experience in planning effective curricula and application of modern innovative teaching technologies, providing methodological support in the process of developing the Concept of innovative class and its implementation, advising Ukrainian higher education institutions, monitoring and monitoring the quality of education.
Delegates from Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University were the director of the educational and scientific institute of physics, mathematics and information technologies H. A. Mohylny, the head of the department of information technologies and systems M. A. Semenov, the head of the department of educational laboratories and computer classes Y.V. Kondratenko , T. F. Berezhna.
On April 9-14, 2018, teachers of Ukrainian universities-participants of the project were trained at the Krakow Mining and Metallurgical Academy at the Faculty of Management (Krakow, Poland)
The participants of the training got acquainted with:
- the education system of Poland and the organization of the educational process at the Krakow Mining and Metallurgical Academy; implementation of innovations; Critical Thinking and Active Learning methods; principles of organization of educational process in AGH Academia Junior primary school;
- technologies of formation and development of active thinking of students;
- experience in implementing online learning, electronic environment services that are available to students at the Krakow Mining and Metallurgical Academy; organization of research-based learning using the MOODLE platform;
- teaching methodology using game technologies.
From 4 to 8 June 2018 at the University of Cyprus (Nicosia, Cyprus) another training for teachers of Ukrainian higher education institutions took place, which included a delegation from Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University.
The best specialists of the University of Cyprus (Marios Papaevripidou, Charoula Angeli, Marios Pittalis, Stavroula Kontovourki, Georgios Kappos and others) shared with Ukrainian guests the experience of using modern information technologies in primary and higher education. Possibilities of the newest pedagogical technologies and software and tools for their realization were considered separately.
It should be noted that during March-May 2019, in order to further disseminate the best European experience, representatives of universities in Spain, Poland and Cyprus conducted field trainings and a database of Ukrainian partner universities. In total, three trainings were conducted:
- March 10 - 14, 2019 at Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky State Pedagogical University named after Hryhoriy Skovoroda – was held by the University of Deusto (Spain, Bilbao);
- May 13 - 17, 2019 at the South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D Ushinsky (Odessa) - was held by the University of Cyprus (Republic of Cyprus);
- May 21 - 24, 2019 at Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University - was held by AGH Scientific and Technical University (Poland, Krakow).
The trainings were attended by representatives of 6 Ukrainian institutions of higher education - members of the project consortium, including Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Borys Hrinchenko University of Kyiv, Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky State Pedagogical University named after Hryhoriy Skovoroda, Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University, Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University, South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushinsky.
On behalf of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University, 18 teachers took an active part in these trainings and seminars and got acquainted with the European experience of using innovative technologies in the field of education. The results of fruitful work on the results of trainings and practical seminars were presentations of own projects, practical experience of using innovative technologies in the field of technical and non-technical education, features of Go-Lab Ecosystem and inquiry learning, Blackboard Platform, Videos During and more.
All participants were awarded with certificates of participation in training and advanced training.
In general, the general report on the stage of the project "Trainings to improve professional skills and knowledge" is given in the document
The teachers of our university will be able to use the gained experience to develop future new courses and in their direct work in training future specialists in various specialties.